People are generally unaware of what should they expect and need to prepare for successful execution of the task. Prior and effective preparation lays the foundation to get the outcome you deserve.
Be ready with all the details in relation to the injury
A lawyer to view your case and tell you how strong the case is, needs to know everything about the injury. You should be ready with all the required medical documents, and facts, that would decide whether or not to file a legal lawsuit. Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum is an acclaimed medical malpractice lawyer, who has dealt with several cases successfully.
Following are mentioned a few things that would be required to present before a lawyer.
- Make a complete list of health care providers where you have undergone treatment for the injury in question
- Explain the type of medical treatment you have taken in a summary
- Collect all important documents and correspondence to carry to the lawyer’s office
- You may have some questions in your mind about the case. It is better to make a list of these questions to be asked to the lawyer,
- Think of all those things that you want to present to a medical malpractice lawyer.
Gather All Important Documents and Correspondence
Following is the list of important documents that you have to provide to the medical malpractice lawyer for efficient dealing with the case:
- medical letters and records from doctors such as prescription
- medical bills
- your photographs that state your condition
- details of the insurer such as name, phone number, address, and policy number of the health insurer
- any type of correspondence between you and your insurer who is involved in the claim settlement
- proof of lost wages like tax records
All these documents should be handed over to the attorney at the time of meeting him.
What qualities should you look for in a lawyer?
To get a success in the lawsuit, you may need to check out for a few important things to be present in the lawyer. These things are:
- Number of medical malpractice cases dealt by the lawyer
- does he have specialization in medical malpractice?
- For how many years he has been dealing with medical malpractice cases?
- How many times has he taken the case to the court?
- What is his success ratio in the cases that are settled in the court-room?
- How much time will be needed for the lawyer to make a demand for settlement
- What are the possibilities of settling the case?
- weaknesses and strengths of the case
What is his consultation cost?
Many attorneys provide 100% free initial consultation. This meeting can be over the phone, or in-person. If the attorney does not take the case, then no fees are charged to the client. Some attorneys do not charge their clients till they don’t provide the claim reimbursement amount to them. So, check the policies of the attorneys do a price comparison and then make the decision.
Forming realistic expectation and performing an efficient preparation helps in getting the desired outcome.